Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fun with the new Halloween Dies!!

As soon as my new Halloween Cottage Cutz dies arrived in my mailbox, I couldn't wait to get them open so I could start playing!! I just LOVE Halloween products! Every year they just keep getting cuter and cuter and this year is no exception. Something I always enjoy is figuring out how to re-purpose my dies so that I am able to get more use out of them. As soon as I saw the Halloween Cottage Cutz release, I immediately identified several dies that would look GREAT on some Disney layouts!

My layout for today of the Haunted Mansion at Walt Disney World. It is actually a two-page layout, so you have to keep checking back for when I post the second page ;)

I thought the Cottage Cutz Candelabra would make a great and maybe unexpected addition to a Disney Haunted Mansion page! Remember during the ride where you see the floating candelabra?! I also used my silhouette to cut out my title from the font Old English which is equivalent to the QK Haunted alpha. I wanted to make sure that my layout looked spooky without looking Halloweeny.

Be sure to check back later for my second page - lets just say, you might see the Cottage Cutz Haunted House because what would a Haunted Mansion layout be without a haunted mansion embellishment!!

5 comments:

DeeDee said...

Whoa! this is a awesome page...i lvoe hallwoeen.

Rochelle said...

That looks amazing, Ruth Ellen! I love it! It really highlights your page and brings back great memories! TFS! :O)

CreatedbyKay said...

Great LO Ruth Ellen and that candelabra is perfect for these pics!

Natasha said...

Lovely LO Ruth Ellen. I love that Font and the colours you used are perfect.

Joanne said...

Wonderful layout with the CottageCutz Ruth Ellen. I can't wait to see your next page. Great job!