Sunday, May 02, 2010

Matching Embossed Background




The thing that is great about a DIE CUT that differs from a machine blade cut is not always noticeable by everyone. As a die compresses the cardstock it rounds the edges. The machine drags a blade (kicking and screaming) along the cardstock and pulls at the edge of the paper pulp. This causes an uneven edge. Creating an embossed look is much harder with a machine cut.

Dies will ALWAYS give you a perfect rounded detailed edge. that is why dies are the only way to go on small items. In this case I cut the Three tulips that are in the Bunny in Log Die several times in the same color as my background., and applied them. This gives the look of an embossed cardstock. . . . . Wow and it matches the die on the card perfectly. Will you ever be able to find a folder to match the primary card design? This is also a great way to add flourishes and swirls to a design to add texture without changing the overall look of the item. Remember same color on same color.

4 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Okay, this is one of the best tips EVER! I know what you mean, because I use both types of die cuts, and I would NEVER have thought to do this. FABULOUSLY CLEVER!!!!!!!! I will definitely be doing this. Thanks for the GREAT tip! xxD

CreatedbyKay said...

This looks great! I tried this on a diecut before to add texture but never on the background, thanks for the idea!

Helmka Family said...

Fabulous tip!!! This is such a sweet and beautiful card!
TFS!
Karen

Ruth Ellen said...

What a wonderful idea!!! I can't wait to try it!!