Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Watch for it Wednesday #64

Today I wanted to give you some fun ideas for adding texture and dimension to your projects using different types of crafting materials.

One of the easiest ways to add texture, is to cut your dies using textured cardstock. If you cut with plain cardstock and want to add texture, try using some embossing dies. Another quick idea, cut your dies using pattern paper.

There are a variety of texture adding materials out there with adhesive already applied. This makes it much easier to place your items on your project once you cut them. I played around with some of these materials; cork, thin metal, and chipboard, using my CottageCutz dies. The CottageCutz dies cut the different materials wonderfully. Some of the materials worked better if you cut them before you applied the foam to your CottageCutz dies. If you don't want to have to remove foam and re-apply foam, just run the dies through the machine two times. The cork and chipboard are thick enough to add some dimension to the project, as well as texture.

Pop dots or foam dots work great for giving dimension to your projects. They are relatively inexpensive and easy to use. Another idea, is to cut your dies twice and layer them. You can layer them using foam dots or slightly off center, this works great for creating dimension.

One last item I tried was craft foam. I got the craft foam sheets at my local craft store, the brand I used was Foamies, 2mm thick. I thought it would be neat to make my own CottageCutz Foam accents (aka Thickers). The CottageCutz dies cut the craft foam very easily. The craft foam comes in many different colors. This is a great material to use to add both texture and dimension.

Watch for my up coming posts this month. They will feature layouts that I have used some of the above ideas. Hopefully, this will inspire you to add some texture and dimension to your pages.

I hope you get some creative time today.
Karen

1 comment:

Ruth Ellen said...

Can't wait to see your Cottage Cutz "Thickers"!!