Saturday, April 09, 2011

Fun project idea

Today, I have a fun little project to share with you! I decided to create a small desk calendar from a 3.5x5 acrylic frame I had laying around. I realize that we are already into April, but better late then never, right?!

What better way to accent my little calendar pages than with my Cottage Cutz dies!! They are the perfect size to place right next to my stamped calendar. I thought the adorable little Spring Bonnet Chick would be perfect for my April page. Isn't she cute?!
For my May page, I was thinking about "May Flowers". Since my page base is only 3.5x5 I have a somewhat limited design space - which is part of what makes this little project so fun because it is so quick and easy to make the pages!!

I pulled out the Kissing Mice die because I love the big flowers and I thought they would be perfect for May. I also wanted to remind you that when you are looking at the Cottage Cutz shapes - always think about the individual parts and just the whole!! These dies are designed to be used together as well as separately!!
These little calendar pages are quick and simple to make. Don't feel like you have to spend a lot of time designing them! I created all of my bases from just regular white cardstock and then used scraps to decorate. (I love to find new ways of using my scrap pieces!!) The Cottage Cutz shape is what really makes it cute!!

I hope you liked my little project today! Have a great weekend and I'll see you back here next Saturday!!





 
 

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Great idea, Ruth Ellen! What a fun project and excellent way to showcase your die cuts! Very well done!!!

CreatedbyKay said...

I'm a calendar freak so I love this idea. CC dies are great for so many projects!