Thursday, April 26, 2012

CottageCutz Caught A Bug?


Good morning and happy Thursday to ya!  It's Lorie here today, and I bring you a card style that I'm finding I like more and more.  Usually, I'm one who likes to spend a lot of time fussing over cards, adding lots of detail, but I'm finding myself more often thinking hard about how to make a clean and simple (CAS) card, that looks classy, without overdoing the frill.  Sometimes that's easier said than done, but that's what I've done with my card today.  For this one I used the CottageCutz Grasshopper Mini die.  I tried a new technique on the paper I used for the grasshoppers.  You can find the tutorial I followed, along with complete instructions HERE.
I followed the instructions for the tutorial using colors I thought went well with the background paper, then cut the grasshoppers out using the mini die and my Bigshot.  After they were cut, I did add some sponging around the edges in both green and brown.  I took a tiny Sharpie marker and filled in the debossed eye.  Above the center grasshopper you'll see what looks like a little heart.  That's a total accident, as I used confetti white card stock, and it has little colorful flecks in it.  It just happened that the red fleck showed up right smack dab in the middle of the embossed stripe background.  The embossed background was done using a Stampin' Up! embossing folder.

Here's a look at the CottageCutz die that I used.  These minis are GREAT for simple cards, and scrapbook layouts.  Wouldn't this be cute cut out in patterned paper?  Maybe green with polka dots?    A must have for ALL your Summer themed papercrafting!
 

I'm so happy to be able to share with you today, and I hope you like what you've seen.  We've got a big blog hop coming up in just a few days, and let me tell you that you DON'T want to miss it!   Be sure to You're in for LOTS of inspiration and maybe even some fabulous prizes, too!  See you at the Hop!



2 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Lori-what a cool technique on these grasshoppers. They look real! Fun card and I love the little heart-how cute is that. It looks like it belongs.

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Lorie this is way CUTE!!!! I love how you colored your grasshoppers, they look awesome!!! beautiful job as always hun!!! Also love how you all are showing some fast and easy cards :) Might have to do one myself soon :) hehehehehe
Hugs,
Cheryl