Sunday, January 06, 2013

A Male Birthday Card


Hello everyone. It's Simona here with my first post for CottageCutz. How exiting!

I decided to make a male Birthday card using CottageCutz Peeker Pocket (4x4). This die caught my eye and it was a must have for me :). You can use this die on so many different projects, just use your imagination. 


The card size is 6"x6". For the base I've used Core'dinations cardstock and for the lining and a tie I've picked some cardstock from DCWV 'The Natural Stack'. I dyed the edges with some Distress Ink - Vintage photo. The tie I drew by hand and cut it out with scissors. I also used the tie to hold the card together and to give the shirt more realistic look. 


The CottageCutz Peeker Pocket (4x4) was cut 2x in white cardstock. I sponged both pockets with a  Distress Ink - Rusty Hinge. One pocket I cut up and used it for the sleeve. I also added a little button.


I wanted to use a birthday note, but I wanted it to blend in or to be part of the shirt. So I used some brown cardstock and cut out a shape of a hankicher to fit into the pocket. I punched a hole on the top and used some ribbon from my stash, so the card could be easier pulled out from the pocket. I've stamped the greeting and used some white embossing powder.


And here is another look at the final card. Hope you feel inspired by this project. 


You can find all the beautiful CottageCutz dies on CottageCutz by The Scrapping Cottage.


12 comments:

Vladuška said...

It is always hard to make masculine card and with this one you did very good job. I like colour combo and how you coloured the pocket and put the tag in it.

nbuston said...

Innovative and striking! Love this design. Simply fabulous. Putting it in my favorites folder.

Lisa aka Raining said...

Holy Wowza!!!! This is a totally clever and creative.. What a great idea for a masculine card! Love it!

Cheryl Walker said...

I love this Manly card, its perfect!!! I always have a hard time making manly cards, and tend to always do girly cards....hehehehehee I need to work on that some :)
Happy New Year hun!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Carol Hurlock said...

What a great looking masculine card. Love how your shirt came out. So cute.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Olena said...

WOW! Super cute card! Great job! Olena

Barbara said...

What an awesome card and great instructions. I have always been at a loss for male card ideas and this is one I try.

Kathy said...

Awesome masculine card, Simko! This is so creative! Blessings! Kathy

Janice W. said...

This is so cool! LOVE it!

Joanne said...

Great idea for a masculine card. Welcome to our team Simona. We are excited to have you.
Joanne

Marina said...

Simona love your card. What a great idea for masculine card.

Keti's Projects said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing.