Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Baby Congratulations

Hi everyone!

I'm back again today, this time with a congratulations card for a new baby using the Christening Gown and Clothes Hanger Mini CottageCutz Dies.




I decide to make a cream on cream card using Natural White card stock from Neenah for all the card pieces.  The die cut pieces and mat were inked with Wheat (VersaMagic) and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.  The mat was embossed with the Rosa border embossing folder and the sentiment (Well Scripted - Stampin' Up) was stamped with Vintage Photo Ink.  I wrapped some pretty trim (Jo-Ann's) around the card and added a bow using Havana Brown Seam Binding from Really Reasonable Ribbon and my Bow-Easy Tool.

The mini hanger was glued to the back of the dress and the dress was added to the card using pop dots.   I also add the bonnet to the dress using pop dots.  Here's a little close up of the pretty dress and bonnet.





To finish my, card I added some adhesive pearls and a flower button with a fiber bow in it.  Very simple card to make and I love the vintage feel to it!

These are the dies I used:







5 comments:

Simko said...

Oh Kathy, this is absolutely stunning! Thank you for the inspiration!
Hugs,
Simona

Vladuška said...

Kathy, this is so beautiful and gentle. I love it.

Carol Hurlock said...

Kathy this is so sweet and elegant. It pulls at your heart strings and you just can't help a sigh! Gorgeous.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Love the pastel colors. Great job!

Cheryl Walker said...

OMGOSH Kathy your card is absolutely beautiful Hun, and perfect for a baby or christening. Beautiful work!
Hugs
Cheryl