Wednesday, June 22, 2016

~All About The Journey~


 
Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Wednesday edition of the Blog.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring a new die set from the May "This and That" release. I have used the Bicycle in Grass die to create a graduation card. We had 3 high school graduations in our family this month plus 3 other of our friends' kids graduated.
 
This card I created for a young woman that we know through our church. I didn't want to create the typical grad card so I made something different an out of the graduation box. It makes me look at m dies in a different light when I am in that mode.
 
So let's get started with some details on exactly what I did here. Since I had already decided on the bicycle die, I looked through my patterned paper for something that would coordinate. Voila! I found this paper with bicycles on it and I liked the color scheme. So I was off and running (lol)!!!
 
Card Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Patterned Paper: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
 
Next, I cut my bicycle with a maraschino red cardstock. I used the buttons from the Fancy Pocket Plus die and cut them in a honey card stock. For added interest, I used the red cardstock and laced it through the button holes.
 
Decided to place the bicycle and grass in a circle die.  I used a cloud template to sponge in my background clouds with tumbled glass distress ink. It bumps the background up a notch.
cloud template sponged with distress ink
 
sponging finished on circle die

I wanted a different sentiment on the front of the card. Not the usual graduation message. I saved that for the card inside. I found this sentiment stamp but it was too long for my size circle. So I pulled out my stamp positioner and made it a 2 liner.
 
When I use a cling mount stamp, I line it up first on grid paper and then use my clear block to pick it up. This way it's on the block straight.
 
 
 
 Now it's time to mask off the part of the sentiment you don't want stamped. I used painters tape. Ink it up and stamp it on the imaging sheet.  I didn't remove the painters tape at this point.
 
 
 I placed my bike and grass on the circle and then lined up the imaging sheet, with the inked side up. Once it's positioned where you want it, you remove the sheet and stamp the sentiment. Then just repeat this process for the 2nd line of stamping. I took photos of this step and then decided to do the cloud sponging. 

 
 
 
 
 Now that all the 2 line stamping and background sponging is done, I assembled my card. I added 2 hearts to the top left. These are also cut from the Fancy Pockets Plus dies.
 
 
 
 
I completed the inside of the card with the typical graduation sentiments. Cut the sentiment layer with the largest CottageCutz rectangle die. Then I cut another layer 1/4" larger in red cardstock.
 
 
Well, friends that's it for me for another week. Just a reminder that our 3rd Challenge is in full swing with a pocket theme. get info here. Until next time........inky hugs!!!
 

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbicycleingrass.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcirclesetbasics.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedcirclesetbasics.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfancypocketplus.aspx
 
 

5 comments:

Vladuška said...

Such a lovely card. Great idea with buttons on the bicycle. I love it.

Janja said...

Very nice card, Mary. The buttons on bike are beautiful decoration.

Anita Kejriwal said...

Very pretty card

Joanne said...

So cute Mary. I love the buttons on the bicycle...great idea!

Karen in PA said...

I love the circle focal point with this bicycle die. And the patterned paper goes perfectly.

Karen