Friday, October 14, 2016

Autumn Seasonal Tree

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Friday edition of the Blog. The fall season is about 3 weeks old now and tonight may be the first frost of the season here in Pittsburgh. If that happens it's the end of our flowers and tomatoes.

But, we still have the beautiful fall leaves to enjoy, and they have not reached their peak beauty yet. Here in this area anyway. So I thought  I would go with a fall card for today's post. I used this super cute seasonal tree die to create it. Let's get started with some details on my card for today.

Rust Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Chocolate Layering Panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Patterned Paper Panel: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Tilted panels: 2 7/8" x 2 1/2"

I used this week's sketch from Splitcoaststampers for my layout. It's a basic sketch but I liked the tilted panels. I added a couple of extra layers to the sketch just for some additional interest.
Once I decided to use this layout, I went looking through my stash for some autumn themed patterned paper. I found this paper and matched it up with the corresponding cardstock and ribbon. I used the ribbon for layer #2 in the sketch.
I used the chocolate and rust cardstock for my tree and mustard & sage for the tree leaves. That picked up the background colors of my patterned paper. I also cut a couple of pumpkins from the Harvest Scarecrow die. Layered the tree and pumpkins on some white cardstock. To ground the images, I sponged some olive ink.
To complete my card, I stamped a sentiment in chocolate ink. I hope I have given you some ideas for this cute new die. I think it makes a great card for Thanksgiving or a Fall theme.
 
Also, don't forget about our current challenge #7 for October. The theme this month is Fall. This new die would work great for the challenge.
Well, Blogger friends that's it for me for this week. So until next time.........inky hugs.
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzseasonaltree.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzharvestscarecrow.aspx
 


2 comments:

Anita Kejriwal said...

Pretty card with a Autumn feel .

Vladuška said...

Wonderful autumn card.