Monday, August 14, 2017

Going to the Chapel

Hi, Lois here with a simple card today.  I'm  still playing with the new dies that CottageCutz has recently released.  You can find them on the CottageCutz website.  They are a series of wedding dies and a series of nested shapes.  I have another wedding card today, which uses dies from both series.


To begin the card, I cut a piece of heavyweight white cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2, a piece of Glittery Pink cardstock 4" x 5 1/4", and a piece of shimmer white cardstock 3 7/8" x 5 1/8".


Then, using several CottageCutz dies, I cut the various die-cut pieces from shimmer white, pink glitter, and black glitter cardstock.



Before constructing my card, I embossed the shimmer white panel with a swirly embossing folder.


I added added small foam pop dots to the back of the carriage . . . 


. . . and ran the two small black die-cuts through my Xyron X sticker maker.


I then constructed my card and added a few sequins which matched the color of the carriage.


CottageCutz dies used on my card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedscallopovalset.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzweddinghorseandcarriageelites.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlittlechapelpetites.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlovebirdbranch.aspx

7 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Simple elegance on this card Lois- love this romantic card theme and how you carried it through- right down to the glitter paper- and I love how you utilized the small chapel die

Pam MacKay said...

Love all the small dies you used such a sweet scene!

Janja said...

Lois, your card is beautiful.

Sukie said...

Very beautiful! I love the sparkly paper you used to create the adorable scene!

SugarShine Designs said...

Very pretty. Your paper and color choices are perfect! - Janet

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card Lois. Simple, elegant and just the right amount of extra touches - the sequins and embossed background. Love it!

Anja Ž. said...

This is so beautiful, Lois!