Friday, October 06, 2017

Let It Snow!

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne posting today.  This card uses two dies from the new release.
I started with an 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 piece of white card stock that I scored and folded at the 4 1/4 inch mark.  Next I cut a panel that was slightly larger from Strathmore Mixed Media paper. I used a craft mat to wipe ink on direct from the pads, sprayed it with water and dipped the mixed media paper into it.
I did this several times, using a heat gun to dry between dippings.  When I was satisfied with the background, I cut the panel to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches.
Next I cut three ornaments from Soft Sky cardstock and one from Whisper White cardstock.  I stacked and glued the three blue ones together and topped it with the white.
When that was done I cut out three snowflakes from the Soft Sky cardstock and used Wink of Stella on top of the snowflakes and ornament.  I used three coats for lots of shimmer!  Then I glued the snowflakes to the front of the panel.
The sentiment was heat embossed in silver on a piece of velum that was 1 1/2 inches wide and a bit larger than the width of the watercolored panel.  I wrapped velum around the panel around so I could adhere it to the back.
 Finally I added a piece of silver cord to the top of the ornament and glued that in place.

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsnowflakeornamentelites.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsnowflakesset.aspx

Tomorrow is World Cardmaking Day - I hope today's post encourages you to be creative and make a card tomorrow!


6 comments:

Lois said...

You achieved a really pretty background for your sparkly snowflakes and ornament. Stamping the sentiment on vellum was a nice touch.

Mary Marsh said...

You created a great background for your pretty snowflake card- creative wintry work

Janja said...

Very nice card. Background is great!

Pam MacKay said...

Wonderful snowy background for the snowflakes lovely card!

SugarShine Designs said...

Your card is so pretty and calm with the marbled background and falling snowflakes. Beautiful! -Janet

Anja Ž. said...

Your background is so cool. And the whole card is just wonderful.