Saturday, March 10, 2018

Easter Egg Plant (new die)

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. Our days are about to get a lot longer starting tomorrow. This weekend is our Spring forward time change. So remember to push your clocks 1 hour ahead tonight when you go to bed.

Before I start with today's card, I wanted to let you know we have a new release of dies. It's our Rise & Shine collection and they are currently on a 25% sale. To see some card samples from the team - click here.

Today, I am showing a card from our Spring die collection. They are on a limited time sale at 25% off. I used the Chickies w/Egg Plant, Spring Meadow, and Stitched Flowers dies. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Step 1:  Since I knew what dies I planned on using, I looked through my cardstock and patterned papers for some spring colors. I have a spring mix stack from DCWV that has some great patterns in it. I just needed to match it to cardstock. Decided that yellow and green would coordinate well with the pattern of paper I chose.
Wild Wasabi (green) card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Daffodil Delight (yellow) layering panel : 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Patterned Paper layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Step 2: cut my "egg plant" from a lilac cardstock and layered yellow underneath.  The plant pot is also cut in lilac with a matching paper for the trim. The stitched flowers are cut in lilac and yellow.
Step 3: Started the assembly of the card base and layering panels. Used double sided tape to secure. 
I decided to cut a white rectangle 1 3/4" x 4 1/2" as a base for the egg plant & pot. Lightly Sponged distress tumbled ink as a background.
Used the Spring Meadow die to add some grass to the bottom of this panel. This die has 2 heights of grass so you can add shading for a slight color variance. I used the wasabi green cardstock and sponged the background. Also cut a butterfly in lilac cardstock for another element for my card.
I cut a stitched cloud from the Stitched Sun, Clouds & Umbrella die. Sponged that in distress ink and stamped my Easter sentiment directly on the cloud. I used my MISTI tool to stamp 2x in order to get a darker shade of purple.
Step 4:  Attached all the elements to the image panel with double sided tape and glue dots.
 Used dimensional foam tape to secure the panel to the patterned paper layer. I wanted it lifted somewhat since the paper has a busy pattern. Attached my 2 stitched flowers and butterfly and this card is completed.

I hope I have given you another idea for an Easter card. The team has been showing lots of samples over the past month. There is a search box on the right side of the Blog if you are looking for a sample for a particular die.
Have a great weekend. Happy St Patrick's Day and I will see you again next Saturday.
 
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzchickiesweggplant.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedflowers.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedsuncloudsandumbrella.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringmeadow.aspx
 

6 comments:

Janja said...

Gorgeous as always Mary.

Pam MacKay said...

Love the egg plant! Don't like egg plant to eat though! Super cute with the plaid sparkley paper!

SugarShine Designs said...

Just a perfect combo of colors, patterns to set off the eggplant die. Great idea to use the cloud die for your sentiment. I have to remember that!

Lois said...

Very bright and cheery!

Sherry said...

Great card Mary. TFS

Anja Ž. said...

This is such a lovely card. You combined different dies so well.